My paid solicitor told me that I have to sign a campaign report online. What does this mean?
When an organization contracts with an outside paid solicitor, the paid solicitor
will prepare campaign financial reports
using our online system. The campaign report can't be submitted until both the solicitor and the charity have signed the report.
How can I "sign" something online?
When the organization's user account was created, an authorized officer’s
identity was established and a password was issued. When the authorized officer
logs in with his or her password and clicks on a button to sign a filing, the system automatically enters his or her
name on the signature line of the electronic form. This is "signing"
the form. How do I change the authorized officer (signer)?
How do I sign a campaign report?
Log in to your account with your user ID and password. Need help logging in?
- Click on "File a Document".
- On the Available for Filing page, click on "View & Sign Campaign Reports".
- A list of campaign reports will be displayed. Any reports that are ready to be reviewed and signed will be listed as "Unsigned" under the filing status.
- Click on "View Campaign Report" to review the unsigned report.
- When you have reviewed the report and are satisfied that it is correct, click on the link to the right of the unsigned report that says "Sign Campaign Report".
- Tell the paid solicitor that the report has been signed.