Instructions for Changing the Authorized Officer (Signer)

How do we change the authorized officer (signer) for our organization?

To change the authorized officer, send an email to  Include the following information in the email:

  • Organization name.
  • Organization's federal employer identification number (FEIN).
  • The name of the new authorized officer.
  • An email address for the new authorized officer.  Reminders and notices will be sent to this address.
  • A daytime telephone number for the new authorized officer.


Who can be an authorized officer?

The authorized officer must be an officer of a nonprofit corporation, a trustee of a charitable trust, or a senior manager-member of any other type of organization.


Should we change the password when we change our authorized officer?

Yes.  Since the user ID and password are the authorized officer's official electronic signature, you should reset the password whenever you change the authorized officer.  Need help logging in?


Can we change the user ID for our organization when we change our authorized officer?

No.  The user ID is the organization's federal employer identification number (FEIN); this can't be changed.