Instructions for Registering as a Paid Solicitor
Do I have to register online?
Yes. All filings with our office are online, including registration, renewals, amendments, and other forms.
Do I need to register?
solicitor must register before soliciting contributions in Colorado.
How do I register?
- Have you already created an account and received your user ID and password? If not, create an account first.
- Log in to your account with your user ID and password. Need help logging in?
- The first time that you log in, you will be taken directly to the beginning of the registration process.
- Review the information on the Registration page, then click on "Continue" at the bottom of the screen.
- The next screen will show you the steps for the registration. You
don't have to complete all of the steps at once; if you click on "Save"
at the bottom of any screen, the information that you entered will be
saved. If you leave the site and come back at a later time, the steps
that you have completed will appear as links. Click on any of the
linked steps to return to that page of the form.
- Otherwise, click on "Next" at the bottom of the screen to continue.
- Fill out the information required on the form. Line-by-line instructions
- When you have finished entering information, you will electronically
sign the registration and then complete the payment process.
How long is my registration valid?
Your registration is valid for one year. Registrations can be renewed each year on or up to 60 days before the registration anniversary date.
What are the most common reasons for rejecting a registration?
- All owners, officers, employees, and executive
personnel not listed.
law requires a complete list of the names and addresses of the owners,
officers, and executive personnel of the applicant, if the applicant is
not an individual. 
In addition, if the
applicant is a partnership, corporation, or limited liability
company, it can register for and pay a single fee on behalf of all its
members, officers, directors, agents, and employees, each of whom
listed in the registration, along with all other persons with whom
has contracted to work under its direction. 
- Name, address, and telephone number of person with custody
of financial records in Colorado not listed.
The Colorado Charitable Solicitations Act requires paid solicitors to list the name, address, and telephone number of the person that has
custody of the applicant's financial records.  There must be at least one name provided in
this section, even if it may seem obvious to the applicant that the
custodian of the financial records is the applicant himself.
- Name of person in charge of solicitation activity in
Colorado not listed.
The law requires paid solicitors to list the names of all persons in
charge of any solicitation activity conducted in Colorado by the paid
solicitor or on the paid solicitor's behalf.  There must be at least one name provided in this section.
- Primary address of the business or individual not a
Applicants may include a mailing address that is a private mailbox or a
post office box, but they must provide a physical address as the primary
address of the business or individual. The same is true for the address of
the person in charge of solicitation activities and the person with
custody of the applicant's financial records.
- Employee with a criminal history.
An application cannot be approved if the paid solicitor is someone who, or is employing someone who, within the past five years, has been convicted of, found guilty of, pled guilty
or nolo contendere to, been adjudicated a juvenile of, or been incarcerated
for any felony involving fraud, theft, larceny, embezzlement, fraudulent
conversion, or misappropriation of property or any crime arising from the
conduct of a solicitation for a charitable organization or sponsor, under
the laws of Colorado or any other state or of the United States, or has
been enjoined within the immediately preceding five years under the laws
of Colorado or any other state or of United States from engaging in
deceptive conduct relating to charitable solicitations.
I have other questions about registration.
See our registration FAQs or contact us at 303-894-2200 or email@example.com if you have other questions.