What is the notary test?
The State of Colorado online notary exam tests your familiarity with Colorado Notary Law. It also tests your knowledge of the procedures and guidelines covered in the required notary training.
How long will the test take?
The test should take about 30 minutes to complete.
Can I use notes or the handbook during the test?
Yes. It is an "open book" test.
What kind of computer or software do I need for the test?
You can use either a PC or a Mac.
We recommend that you have the most recent version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) installed.
How do I take the exam?
- Go to cosos.learnercommunity.com.
- Click the "Register" button.
- Follow the instructions to create a user account.
- Click the "Catalog" option from the left-hand menu.
- Find the "Colorado Notary Public Examination" course and click the "Enroll Now" button.
- Click the "Introduction and Instructions (start here)" link to begin the test.
How do I print a certificate after I pass the test?
- Once you have finished the test, close the testing window.
- Click the "What to do next" link for additional instructions.
- You will now be able to click on the "Print Completion Certificate" button.
What should I do next?
- On the Secretary of State's website, click on "Become a Notary" or "Log in" to renew your commission.
- Print the affirmation form and sign it in front of a notary.
- Follow the instructions to attach and submit your documents online. Do not mail your paperwork.
- Wait for notification by email. Upon approval, print your commission certificate, obtain an official notary seal and a journal, and you are ready to begin notarizing!