What is the notary test?
The State of Colorado online notary exam tests your familiarity with Colorado Notary Law. It also tests your knowledge of the procedures and guidelines covered in the required notary training.
How long will the test take?
The test should take about 30 minutes to complete.
Can I use notes or the handbook during the test?
Yes. It is an "open book" test.
What kind of computer or software do I need for the test?
You can use either a PC or a Mac.
We recommend that you have the most recent version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) installed.
How do I take the exam?
- Go to cosos.learnercommunity.com.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on "Log In/Register".
- Follow the instructions to create a user account.
- Click the "Catalog" option from the left-hand menu.
- Find the "Colorado Notary Public Examination" course and click the "Enroll Now" button.
- Click the "Introduction and Instructions" link to begin the test.
How do I print a certificate after I pass the test?
- Once you have finished the test, close the testing window.
- You will now be able to click on the "Print" button on the right-hand side
of your screen under the heading "Achievements".
What should I do next?
- On the Secretary of State's website, click on "Become a Notary" or "Log in" to
renew your commission.
the affirmation form and sign it in front of a notary.
the instructions to attach and submit your documents online. Do not mail
- Wait for notification by email.
Upon approval, print your commission certificate, obtain an official
notary seal and a journal, and you are ready to begin notarizing!