What is an amendment?
An amendment corrects errors or omissions on a recent registration or renewal.
Is there a fee to amend a registration statement?
There is no fee for amendments filed within 30 days of the date that the registration was approved.
If you are outside of that 30-day window, there is a fee for filing an amendment. See the fee schedule for current fees.
How do I file an amendment?
- Log in to your account with your user ID and password. Need help logging in?
- Click on "File a document".
- On the Available for Filing page, click on "Amend Registration".
- Review the information on the Amendments page, then click on "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
- The next page will show you the steps for the registration statement.
- Use the "Next" and "Back" buttons to navigate to the information that you need to amend. Correct any information as necessary.
- If needed, refer to the line-by-line instructions for registration statements.
What is the difference between amending and renewing a
An amendment can be used to fix errors on a registration statement
that was already filed. A renewal updates the information of record and extends the registration for another year.