Uniform Commercial Code FAQs

Acceptable characters
Agistor's liens
Certified copies & searches
Child support liens
Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) liens
County codes
Ending noise words
Farm product codes
Federal/State tax liens
General lien questions
Harvester's liens
Hospital liens
Master list
Partial release & partial assignment
Privacy and redaction
Restitution liens
Spurious and fraudulent liens
User accounts



Q1. Where do I find more information about online payments?

A1.  Refer to our online payments resource page.


Q2. What types of payment do you accept?

A2.  You can pay for a filing using a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit or debit card.

Prepaid accounts set up with our office are also accepted.


Q3. I tried to pay for a filing, but my card was declined. Why?

A3.  If a card is declined, it may be due to:

  • Lack of funds,
  • A card number, expiration date, address, or name that doesn't match what is on file with the credit card company, or
  • The credit card company marked the transaction as potentially fraudulent.

If you are certain that you entered the correct information, contact your credit card company. Frequently, "card declined" errors occur because the credit card company has a different or old address in its authorization system that doesn't match the address on the account statements.

We don't process these payments ourselves, so we are unable to answer questions about declined cards.