|Notice Filed with SOS
||The statutory bases for this rule are sections 39-21-112(1), 39-30-103(7)(a), 39-30-105.1, and 39-30-108(1), C.R.S.
|Description of Subjects/Issues
||The purpose of this rule is to clarify the calculation of enterprise zone business facility employee credits. The rule:
• Clarifies the method of calculating business facility employees for the purpose of calculating the credit;
• Clarifies the meaning of the term “replacement business facility” as it is used in section 39-30-105.1(5)(b), C.R.S.;
• Clarifies the calculation of the number of business facility employees with respect to employees who spend some of their time performing duties not connected with the operation of the business facility or working outside of the enterprise zone;
• Clarifies the calculation of the credit allowed for a business facility’s first tax year of operation and for any subsequent tax year;
• Clarifies that the additional enterprise zone employee credits, for employees working at facilities engaged in manufacturing or processing agricultural commodities and/or located in rural enterprise zones, are allowed only with respect to employees for whom the general business facility employee credit is claimed;
• Clarifies the kind of activities that add value through manufacturing or processing to agricultural commodities;
• Clarifies the conditions under which a taxpayer may claim a credit for employee health insurance; and
• Clarifies the calculation of the credit for any tax year in which the taxpayer did not submit the required pre-certification form to the enterprise zone administrator prior to the commencement of the tax year.
||This hearing will be conducted virtually. The call-in information is: Call in: 1-669-900-6833 Meeting ID: 816-6409-1352. If you would like to join via video conference, please email email@example.com for the link.
|Submitted in response to issues raised by COLS/OLLS?
|Is this rule adopted in response to recent legislation?
||Virtual Hearing (see below)
||Tax Policy Analyst