What is the notary test?
The State of Colorado online notary exam tests your familiarity with Colorado Notary Law. It also tests your knowledge of the procedures and guidelines covered in the required notary training.
How long will the test take?
The test should take about 30 minutes to complete.
Can I use notes or the handbook during the test?
Yes. It is an "open book" test.
What kind of computer or software do I need for the test?
You can use either a PC or a Mac.
We recommend that you have the most recent version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) installed.
How do I take the exam?
- Go to cosos.learnercommunity.com.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on "Log In/Register".
- Follow the instructions to create a user account.
- Click the "Catalog" option from the left-hand menu.
- Find the "Colorado Notary Public Examination" course and click the "Enroll Now" button.
- Click the "Introduction and Instructions" link to begin the test.
How do I print a certificate after I pass the test?
- Once you have finished the test, close the testing window.
- You will now be able to click on the "Print" button on the right-hand side
of your screen under the heading "Achievements".
What should I do next?
- Create your application online and print after payment.
- Complete the application form by signing in front of a notary.
- Mail your completed application form, training and testing certificates,
and a clear photocopy of both sides of an acceptable form of ID to the
Secretary of State’s office.
- Wait for notification by e-mail.
Upon approval, print your commission certificate, obtain an official
notary seal and a journal, and you are ready to begin notarizing!