For: President & Vice President
Have you announced your candidacy and filed the required campaign finance forms?
Yes, continue to Step 1.
No, I need to become a candidate.
- Eligibility for ballot access
- Submit statement of intent forms
- Submit audio recording
- Additional filing requirements
- Name placed on ballot
Step 1: Eligibility for ballot access
must meet the basic qualifications
Must meet the qualifications for office outlined
in Article II, Section 1(5) of the United States Constitution.
Step 2: Submit statement of intent forms
All required items must be filed with the Secretary of State no later
than 90 days before the general election. 
- Complete the Unaffiliated Candidate Statement of Intent for President (PDF) and Unaffiliated Candidate Statement of Intent for Vice President (PDF) forms and have them notarized.
- A nonrefundable filing fee of $500, payable by check or money order made out to the Colorado Department of State
- Complete the Presidential Electors' Acceptance of Nomination (PDF) form.
- Mail or hand deliver to:
Colorado Secretary of State
Attention: Ballot Access
1700 Broadway, Suite 200
Denver, CO 80290
Step 3: Submit audio recording
Candidate audio recording must be submitted to
Secretary of State no later than 90 days before the general election.
The audio recording must state the candidate’s name
exactly as it appears on the candidate acceptance form, as this is how
the candidate’s name will appear on the ballot. 
Audio Recording Instructions.
Step 4: Additional filing requirements
All candidates for president or vice
president should contact the Federal Election Commission for campaign
finance information and other requirements not addressed at the state
Federal Election Commission
999 E. Street, NW
Washington, DC 20463
 1-4-303(1), C.R.S.
 SOS Election Rule