Who needs to submit an audio recording?
Audio recordings are required for candidates on the statewide ballot.
Court of Appeals
Regional Transportation District (RTD)
Secretary of State
State Board of Education
University of Colorado Regent
Why do I need to submit an audio recording?
In order to meet the required standards for accessible voting equipment,
all county clerks in the state of Colorado must produce an audio
ballot. The audio recording must contain the correct pronunciation of each
How do I submit my audio recording?
Our office has set up a voicemail box specifically for this purpose.
- After the voice prompt clearly state your:
- Name (Must be exactly as provided on your candidate acceptance or
judicial intent form, as this is how your name will be printed on the
- Jurisdiction (e.g.,: House District 5 or 17th District Judge)
- Party Affiliation (Not required for nonpartisan offices such as RTD or judgeships)
- Press “#” when your message is complete
- Follow the prompts to review/edit or complete/send your recording.
As an alternative, candidates may submit a WAV file by e-mail to: email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 303-869-4938.