What is a Small Donor Committee?
A Small Donor Committee (SDC) is a political committee that accepts contributions from natural persons. Each natural person must be a U.S. citizen and can contribute no more than $50 per calendar year.
If your committee will accept more than $50 per person in a calendar year, see Political Committee.
How do I register a Small Donor Committee?
You must register a committee online.
Before registering, make sure that you have:
- A committee name and any acronyms that you will use.
- A registered agent.
- The registered agent's email address and phone number.
- Physical and mailing addresses for the committee's principal place of business.
- A description of your committee's purpose. This information should be detailed, including candidates, ballot measure numbers, or policy positions that you will support or oppose.
- Financial information, including the name of the bank where the committee has or will have an account.
- Go to the TRACER campaign finance disclosure website.
- Click on the "Committee Registration" button.
- Select "Small Donor Committee", then click on "Next".
- Fill out the form. When you are finished, click on "Submit".
- Print a copy of the form for your records.
- Click on "Finished" to complete your registration.
- Login information will be sent to the registered agent's email address.
If you need help using TRACER, see Learn to Use TRACER.