What is a recall committee?
A recall committee is an issue committee formed to support or oppose the recall of a public officer.
Note: committees authorized by a candidate are still considered candidate committees.
Do we have to register a recall committee with your office?
A recall committee must be registered within ten calendar days of accepting or making contributions or expenditures in excess of $5,000 to support or oppose
How do I register a recall committee with your office?
You must register a committee online.
Before registering, make sure that you have:
A committee name and any acronyms that you will use.
- A registered agent.
- The registered agent's email address and phone number.
- Physical and mailing addresses for the committee's principal place of business.
- A description of your committee's purpose. This information should
be detailed, including candidates, ballot measure numbers, or policy
positions that you will support or oppose.
- Financial information, including the name of the bank where the committee has or will have an account.
- Go to the TRACER campaign finance disclosure website.
- Click on the "Committee Registration" button.
- Select "Issue Committee", then click on "Next".
- Fill out the form. When you are finished, click on "Submit".
- Print a copy of the form for your records.
- Click on "Finished" to complete your registration.
- Login information will be sent to the registered agent's email address.
If you need help using TRACER, see Learn to Use TRACER.
I have more questions.
See the Recall Committee FAQs.